Monday, February 13, 2012

Well. . .


I have not blogged in months. I was seriously considering deleting this blog, but then all hell broke loose and now I feel that I need to talk about this issue. A few weeks ago, the Department of Health and Human Services issued that mandate that requires all employers, regardless of beliefs, to provide birth control and sterilization services to all employees free of charge. The Catholic Church rightly protested that this is a violation of our first amendment rights of Freedom of Religion and within a week or so, our fearless dictator came out with a "compromise". This so-called compromise requires insurance companies, not employers, to pay for birth control and sterilization. Well, THAT'S better, right? No, it isn't. Just how are the insurance companies going to pay for this? By raising the prices they charge all of us for premiums. We end up paying for it anyway. And it STILL violates the First Amendment. Separation of Church and State works both ways, Mr. Former Constitutional Law Professor.

Dictator Obama avers that he is just concerned with the health of women. I don't swallow that. Pregnancy and childbirth are not diseases. Heart disease is a disease. Diabetes is a disease. Cancer is a disease. Epilepsy is a disease. Pregnancy is a condition that generally ends well for both mother and baby. Yes, there are the occasional tragedy of a mother dying in childbirth and children can be still-born, but these instances are relatively rare. Many more women (and men too - let's not forget that men get sick too) die of heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Why don't we offer chemo free for cancer patients? Insulin free for diabetics? Dialysis free for kidney patients?

Because the Obama regime is not as concerned with health care as they are with promoting an agenda. And that agenda ultimately comes back to abortion. If he can get Catholics to lay down and play dead on this issue, it is one more step to making sure that abortion is firmly implanted (pun intended) in the mindset of our nation.

It's got nothing to do with health care. Nothing at all.

And I'm darned if I am going to lay down and play dead. I'm fighting. My rights as a Catholic are not going to be trampled. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Totally agree with you.
Love the blog background

RAnn said...

amen

Teddy Bear said...

Thank you. This is not only a Catholic issue, but that other religions are also standing strong with the Catholic institutions.

(May I also add that I don't think that you should discontinue this blog--I check in daily and have been hoping for current wisdom.) :)

I have never regarded my health insurance as a "right" but instead as a fortunate benefit of my husband's (and, while I was among the "working out of the home," my) employment. There are medications that I take that are covered entirely by insurance, some partially, and some not at all. Anything that is covered I am grateful for, but do not feel entitled toward. I do not want to be forced to pay for others' birth control pills--where does it end? Maybe I'm allergic to a particular kind/brand. Will the government begin to tell *me* what medications I can and cannot take because my fellow Americans are footing the bill? No, thank you. There is a very effective form of birth control which results in absolutely no pregnancy at all--abstinence. I felt that through my formative years and feel that now as an adult. This is not simply a Catholic concern, but a medication concern. Where does it stop?

Joyful Days said...

Carrie, I left FB for Lent & came back to blogland. I've always enjoyed your posting & been uplifted by your blog. I'd like to say, "Don't quit."

Thank you for speaking wisdom with this post. It was full of what we need to hear.

Praying for this issue.